Here at AliTech we aim to bring you the best products we have found in the tech sphere on the massive marketplace that is AliExpress.com to save you the time and hassle of locating them.
For those in the know AliExpress.com has long been a source of dirt cheap goods, sometimes direct from the manufacturer, and in the case of computer goods can be the same products found in your local shops at a fraction of the cost with free shipping included in the price.
As this sounds too good to be true so you know there is a catch!
Some goods can be of very questionable quality and it is hard to filter these out as you might be dealing with brands you know nothing about. Goods can take 2-3 weeks to reach you so be prepared to wait.
AliExpress does include a set of safe guards that help limit your risk but in the case of their refund system are not 100% fool proof:
- Each vendor has a full sales history and feedback so you can see how many products they have shipped and what people thought of the goods and the service.
- AliExpress acts as a middle man for the funds, they take the payment and distribute the funds, so the vendor never has your card details.
- AliExpress offer sales protection and full or partial refunds via a dispute system. This does not always work out as it can prove more costly in postage to return some larger items than you actually paid for them.
The golden rules for purchasing from AliExpress are:
- Always check the vendor history only buy from people with extensive good feedback.
- If it sounds too good to be true it might be, trust your gut feeling.
- Dip your toes with small purchases first to get a feel of how the system works.
- Enjoy the money you save yourself buying this way.